Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Okay - I'm here... made it. :) Thanks again Shannon for setting this up.

My goal: Excercise consistently and lower my cholesterol along with my weight.
(my cholesterol is high due to genetics... thanks Dad @@)

So far, I've been walking 4 days a week, 46 minutes & 2.25 miles each time. (that's how long most of my iPod TV shows last lol) on my treadmill. I haven't noticed much weight loss yet - maybe 3 pounds-ish - but I'm pretty proud of myself for keeping this up for two weeks. I need to keep going... most times I'll do really good for about a month and then I slack off because I'm "too busy". I need to remember that I can't be "too busy" to do something about my health. Right?

And how do all of you do with a Food Diary? I've tried to keep one, but after a few days I just kinda forget about it. What tricks do you have to remember to write everything down?

1 comment:

Shannon said...

YAY Natalie! 3 pounds in 2 weeks is nothing to sneeze at. 2 pounds a week is a healthy high. 3 pounds is awesome!

I'm actually doing the FitDay in my post a few posts down. It takes a few minutes each day to put your foods in your "custom foods" area but once they are in, all you have to do is click on them and they are added. If I have a favorite meal, I'll put the whole meal in there instead of doing it piece by piece. Makes it quicker. Plus it's great to have the charts and breakdowns. Make it a contest with yourself somehow. Aim for certain numbers of nutrients or calories. Even if you commit to it for maybe 2 weeks, you'll learn TONS about your eating habits and what's good and what's too much. You can taper off after you learn what you need to learn.

At the very least, scribble it down on your spiral or daily to do list. Then you can look back on what weeks you did well in and which you didnt. Either way, I think journaling (at least for a time) is essential to getting it all set in your head.

Writing it down makes it real! ;)